DDO1liners
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Mini-Event!

+4
Strype McClaine
Nau
w1shmast3r
Harmen
8 posters

Go down

Mini-Event! Empty Mini-Event!

Post  Harmen Mon May 18, 2009 5:10 pm

Hello everyone!
Sort of mini event and a shameless effort in order to get a few more registered users here.

What sort of event?
A simple one, out of game one

What do I win?
A portrait of your chosen character, which will be placed in the portraits section, which can then be used to link from say... your signatures in the ddo.com or ddo-europe forums for all to see.

What have I got to do?
Just reply to this thread saying why you think your character should be chosen. Simple as that.

This is gonna run from now until the 20th of June where the replies will then be reviewed and judged by myself and the 1 liners. Staff can't take part - they get drawn enough! Oh and 1 character nominated per person, please. Very Happy

Harmen
Admin

http://www.ddo1liners.co.uk

Back to top Go down

Mini-Event! Empty assassinos

Post  w1shmast3r Tue May 19, 2009 9:22 am

i'm in this game since the beginning and saw all your great artwork and portraits made to many of my friends (zeniath, selvetran, etc), so i thought it would be a good idea to take part in this contest.
If i was asked a few weeks ago i would nominate my 2 first and loved characters wishmaster and cordell walker without breaking sweat, but thinking about it now they are too common to be drawn. the 1st is a dwarf fighter with a greataxe and the second a chuck norris lookalike with a deathnip and a heavy pick.
then a month ago i had a 'clear day' and created assassinos, a dwarf one eyed (patched) rogue with 1 barbarian lvl, he is as strong as an ox and deals heavy amounts of damage with his 2 dwarven axes swiftly coming out of the shadows and sneak attacking the clueless victims only to leave them clueless again after feinting them continuously, until they drop dead. so fun to play and to add up the lvl 12 'assassinate' enhancement is the cherry at the top.
why is he a good character to be in a portrait? well he looks like a damn pirate, he is a dwarf rogue and he carries 2 huge dwarven axes, while hitting Bruce Cambell punch lines like: “Gimmie some sugar, baby.”, “Hail to the king, baby.” “After all, I am the King of Thieves…”, “Yo, she-bitch … let’s go.”, “Ladies, please, I’ll get to each of you one at a time… or in some other combination.”, “A good thief, like a good lover, takes his time.” and "Good, Bad, i'm the guy with the 2 dwarven axes" Very Happy
So i think he is a bit of an original character and none forgets him after playing with him in parties. Who can forget the short rogue that 2 lvls below everybody else has double the kills of a barbarian, a ranger and a fighter? He is out there to prove that rogues are not only there for traps (even though he can handle any trap) and he is a hack-slash maniac axe murderer, with his own special stealthy meat grinder style :p
Mini-Event! Pic_brucecampbell Mini-Event! Th_Dwarf_NPC_long_drong_slayer_pirate Mini-Event! Th_Angry_Dwarf_Reloaded_by_GH_MoNGo
a good pose would be in a dark sewer or jungle, coming out of the shadows and slashing an orc's throat (he hates orcs) Very Happy
i hope i covered the reply to this thread, i would like to say to the ddo1liner team welcome back Very Happy
w1shmast3r
w1shmast3r

http://homelas.blogspot.com/

Back to top Go down

Mini-Event! Empty Re: Mini-Event!

Post  Nau Wed May 20, 2009 3:38 pm

I would like a portrait of Naura. She is a small blond, shorthaired halfling cleric, calm and distinctively friendly on the outside, but has almost no paticience and has a temper the size of mt.Reysalon. The passion burns in her eyes when on duty in a paradoxian love of the party, lives for the party, but dislikes unprepared party members and hates the reference "healbot" with a passion Smile She is very aggresive and fast rushing at times, yet very into keeping control as well. "Under control, and then as fast as possible without losing control" Smile An extremely aggresive cleric when in action.

If u were to draw her, i would like her to be portraited as some mix of 100-miles-an-hour rage and passionate compassion.

Can give u her base portrait from ddo when i get home if u need a baseline and if i get chosen.

Nau

Back to top Go down

Post  Harmen Thu May 21, 2009 12:27 am

These are all really cool, keep 'em coming Very Happy

Harmen
Admin

http://www.ddo1liners.co.uk

Back to top Go down

Post  Strype McClaine Thu May 21, 2009 2:18 pm

As odd as this sounds...
We all tend to have a small relationship with characters that we make, almost as a part of your heart 'n' soul sort of thing... And the Charicter I revert back to, no matter what game I am currently playing, is Strype McClaine.
In DDO at least, Strype McClaine (Rogue 10/Fighter 6) is your fairly average build elf, not overly frail, not huge thick muciles (base str 12), but rather flexible with fast reflexes. Always seen with a rapier and small sheild in his hands, he tries hard to be the embodiment of a swashbuckler, Untouchable in combat, attempting to solve any puzzle, trap, or problem that gets in his way, with rapier keen wit.

As to why, well, sometimes, you just gotta be a good old normal elf. Seriously. No regional ebberon elf, just a good Phiarlin freind'd rogue.
That and, us rogues need love to.

If I had a real request about how it looked.... I really would just want to see a decent outfit, what a real high dex rogue would wear, normal clothing. Perhaps even something a little dashing, maybe even a nice hat. (seriously, one of my major beefs with the game, is the lack of style points in the in game avatars. Yet another person wearing a green steel helmet/or/minos legens.....why not a fedora, or a green steel...umn...tophat...or just more style options.)
Strype McClaine
Strype McClaine

https://www.youtube.com/user/TheFiretiger

Back to top Go down

Post  Sarezar Fri May 22, 2009 2:23 am

I've got my portrait linked since you've made it, but it links to old web-site. I didn't change the link, cause you got the pop-up window here. I can only link to the jpeg, which opens in blank page. Don't know if you'd like to make the pop-ups web pages, so the link can show that it's part of this web-site.

As for the event, since I got a portrait of my favorite character, I look forward to seeing someone else's Smile
Sarezar
Sarezar

Back to top Go down

Post  Strikerdroid Fri May 22, 2009 9:12 pm

My favorite Character is my 16 Ranger Gordan Arrow. I have played this guy with and only with my staic monday night group for about one and a half years. We just reached level 16 and have adventured thoughout all of stormreach, and are about to go and aid the twelve with a small devil problem.

Gordan is a dexterous ranger with considerable skills with two-weapon fighting. As an average built human he has blond hair and blue eyes and possesies a quick wit, as the party usually turns to him for puzzle solving. Gordan is currently the highest renown person in the Arrow Clan. (the arrow clan is a group of people that have joined together through common goals and a lack of a home makeing them a large surrogate family) Gordan is prone to a spark of mischeif, and slight crazyness (loves to jump off the house Denneth enclave sans feather fall cheers , and enjoys swimming the gauntlet that is the Crucible out in Gianthold) that his companions have grown to like in him. His most hated enimes include the undead, giants, and soulless constructs, and he has been known to rush ahead of his friends to kill them. He is most comminly spotted in a loose fitting outfit to allow his natural dexterity to shine through and is known to favor kukri, handaxes, and light maces in combat.
Strikerdroid
Strikerdroid

Back to top Go down

Post  Sisila Tue May 26, 2009 9:54 pm

@ Sarezar

Rightclick on the link to the picture/strip and choose "copy link adress". You can use this line to link/open the picture without the viewer Wink

Sisila

Back to top Go down

Mini-Event! Empty Poink

Post  Azazal Fri Jun 05, 2009 11:11 am

See I have a problem....all of my characters have their various portraits done by myself but now I have this one that I could just never get right and I think DDO1liners is definitely the place to do it. I have this little person and because she is the only one of her kind in Stormreach she gets ostracised and ridiculed. She doesn't belong in Eberron and people hate that which is strange and so because of this prejudice she has never been able to get her picture painted Sad

Her name is Poink and she is the only gully dwarf in Stormreach. She hates dwarves because they smell and only want to smack things but she will travel with them because they are messy drinkers and while they sleep she gets to suck the ale out of their beards. Most of the time she is rummaging through garbage piles and dirt looking for rats and interesting sticks. It's a hobby of hers and she has found that by shaking rats and other small rodents at the people around her tends to have an interesting reaction...almost similar effects like those posh healer spells she hears of. It's almost as though their bodies don't want her touching them so badly that the thought of it happening causes the body to regenerate like a troll's does. Either way it has earned her the name healer but this is used very loosely.

She is a girl and girls like to be done up but noone wants to sell her a mirror after she used the last one to draw on causing a riot when people thought that there was a ghost in it as whenever they looked in it they saw a gully winking back at them. A portrait of her would be appreciated by all because then she would be kept occupied by staring at it all day and hugging it instead of asking to tag along to see the interesting rodents of Stormreach which generally end up with her looking behind crates while everyone else is dying and getting trampled. There is a gully that needs some love....as long as it isn't from a dwarf Wink

I have a picture of her here somewhere...

Mini-Event! Poink
Azazal
Azazal

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum